Monday 15 October 2012

My Third Week :)

I am now in my third week of Work Experience in a local primary school. I was in Third Class today and I really enjoyed it. In the morning the teacher taught the class Irish. They  learnt Irish in a fun way by learning the rooms of the house by 'Where's Wally' in Irish. I really enjoyed learning how to teach Irish in a fun way as I love the language.
I then presented a project that I did when I was in primary school, as the children are doing a similar project and from seeing mine they got ideas for their projects. I answered any questions that the children had in relation to the project. The children then went to a Book Fair in the hall. I helped the children in choosing a book if needed it.
After break the children began their maths lesson. The children were doing pictogram's and block charts, they made a big poster with the results from the survey that they did on the other children in the class.
After lunch the children did English. They got these comprehensions that they do by themselves and then they checked a card which had the answers on them. I had to type up titles for maths posters for the teacher and print them off. I then had to cut out the headings and put them on coloured paper and laminate them. I then read a few pages from an English book to the class.
I really enjoyed my third week of Work Experience as I am getting a better understanding for the life of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment