Tuesday 23 October 2012

My Fourth Week :)

Today I had my fourth week of  Work Experience in a local Primary School. I started  my day in Senior Infants. In this class I asked each child individually if they knew how to say their English words that got for homework each night. I then went around and made sure that the children understood their maths task and helped them if they required any. I really enjoyed my time with Senior Infants as the children are very enthusiastic about each task given.
I then left Senior Infants and went to an English Resource class. In this class I cut up posters for the teacher and observed the method of teaching used for children who find the English language difficult. I really enjoyed my time with Resource, as I got to observe the method of teaching used for children who find some subjects difficult.
After break, I was in with Fourth Class. In this class I observed the teacher teaching maths by correcting their homework and doing a fun maths game with them. The teacher then assigned the class maths questions and started to take down posters and hang up other work. I then went outside the classroom and took down the children's art work and put up their newer paintings. I then helped the children who find English difficult, with their English comprehensions. I really enjoyed my time in Fourth Class, as I was able to observe how to make the learning of maths more interesting and easy for children.
After lunch I was in with Sixth Class. In this class I helped the children with their power point presentations on Net Books. The class are doing projects on The Aztec's and The Egyptians. This was their first time using power point, so many individuals needed assistance to get them started. I really enjoyed my time in Sixth Class, as I got to help the children with activities that will be of great benefit to them when they enter Second Level education.

No comments:

Post a Comment