Wednesday 24 October 2012

My Fifth Week :)

Today I had my fifth week of Work Experience in a local Primary School. I started  my day in Senior Infants class in which I helped the children paint their paper plates orange for Halloween decorations. When each child had their plates painted I helped them with writing their news. When everyone had their news written, they played maths games in threes. I went around to the groups as did the teacher, and explained to the children how to play the game. I really enjoyed my time with Senior Infants, as I enjoyed their positivity with each task given.
After break, I was in with a Junior Infants class. In my time here I helped the teacher make sure that the children were putting the letters the right way to form words. I then helped three children complete an aural task in their workbook. I really enjoyed my time in Junior Infants as I liked how I got to help a certain number of children with a specific task.
I left Junior Infants and went to a Resource Class. I observed the teacher teaching Maths and then English. I helped the children write a short script for an English story. I then cut out pictures for the teacher. I really enjoyed my time in resource as I got to observe the time and patience required for this area of teaching.
After lunch, I was in with a Fourth Class group. In my time here I helped a group of children with an English Halloween themed poem. I helped the children with any words they did not understand and played fun educational games to help them understand the poem better. I also helped the teacher set up their art lesson. I poured out blue and purple paint and cut up pieces of black paper. The children got a large piece of paper and had to paint it a mixture of blue and purple, like the night sky. Tomorrow they will stick their designs from the black paper onto their paintings. I really enjoyed my time with Fourth Class, as I liked learning how you would teach English to this age group and also Art lessons with a Halloween theme.
I am really enjoying my Work Experience Placement and feel that I am gaining a lot of information that will be of great benefit to me if I pursue this career choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment