Tuesday 15 January 2013

Week Two :)

Today I had my second week of work experience in a local veterinary centre. When I went in this morning I went straight into the kennel room to help one of the nurses. When I went in, she was feeding the animals. When they were finished eating I cleaned all of the dishes. After all of the dishes were cleaned, myself and another girl who is on work experience, were told we could go into the surgery room as they would be starting soon. This week I watched two cats being spaded. I enjoyed watching this as it is a common surgery that the vets must preform. I also watched a dog being neutered. This is also a procedure that is commonly preformed. I then went a cleaned out a kennel and prepared it for a cat. I enjoyed this as I had not done this before. I also rubbed a dog and kept him calm as he was being examined by the vet. My day went very quickly but I really enjoyed it and I can't wait for next week:).

No comments:

Post a Comment