Wednesday 14 November 2012

My Seventh Week:)

Today I had my seventh week of Work Experience in a local Primary School. I started the day off in Sixth Class. The class started with a Maths lesson. I was cutting out words, putting them onto coloured paper, laminating them and then cutting them out. I listened to the teachers lesson while doing my job. I really enjoyed my time here as I enjoyed making posters as I could be creative.
After break I returned to Sixth Class for a short period of time. Whilst there I continued with my job, where as the teacher began her Irish lesson. 
I left Sixth Class and went to a Fourth Class that I am very familiar with. The class were using Net Books to write a cook book. I helped the children with their punctuation, putting full stops and commas into their pieces. I really enjoyed this class as I got to help with a very interesting topic which will be of great benefit to the students later in life.
After lunch I returned to Sixth Class where I remained the rest of the day. I continued with the task I was carrying out earlier in the day, as I had to make many different types of posters. The class had their English lesson. When I finished the poster making I then moved onto another task of typing up Irish vocabulary for the teacher. While I was doing this two students presented their History projects. I really enjoyed listening to their projects, they really did an excellent job. The students put a lot of effort into their projects which was evident in their presentations. I really enjoyed my time in Sixth Class as I got a chance to do different tasks than that I have not experienced thus far. 
I can not believe that I have only 3 more days of work experience in my first placement, it must be true when they say that time flies when you are having fun. I have also gained a new appreciation and understanding of the amount of work a teacher invests into her class, its not just the children that have homework to do!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment